How to Use Instagram on a PC – We are not allowed to upload videos or photos to our Instagram profiles from our computer or laptop, much to the dismay of people all over the world.
Instagram has made this move to encourage mobile use of the app and engagement with other users. The process of sending content from desktop to phone to post is often very time-consuming for photographers, influencers, and businesses whose content has been captured with a camera!
It is possible to work around this issue using third-party tools or clever desktop hacks. Here’s a handy guide to showing How to Use Instagram on a PC from any computer, PC, or Mac.
Instagram on a Desktop Computer
How to Use Instagram on a PC – Instagram can be accessed on a PC or Mac via a web browser for viewing your feed, liking and commenting on posts, viewing your profile, and following or unfollowing people. Direct messages can also be sent and received on Instagram. However, you cannot upload photos or videos. But, there are workarounds you can try.
Google Chrome and Safari are the best ways to publish Instagram images
You can use these steps How to Use Instagram on a PC to post to Instagram from Chrome and the Safari browser. The following uses Chrome as an example, but all three browsers follow the same process.
- Log in to your Instagram account on Instagram.com using Chrome.
- Right-click anywhere on the page and then select Inspect (Inspect Element in Firefox) from the list of options.
- The bottom of the page will display a window with random text. What we’re looking at is the small tablet icon at the top-left corner of the Inspector tool.
- This icon is located at the top of the Inspector window in Firefox. To inspect an element, click on its icon (Inspect Element in Firefox).
- Simply click the iPad icon with an iPhone icon next to it.
- You should be able to access the mobile website after refreshing the Instagram interface. Refresh the page until the post button appears if you don’t see it. You may have to refresh more than once.
- Click on the tablet icon again when you’re done posting your photo and close the Inspector tool.
How to Post on Instagram From a PC?
Using this method, Instagram will think you’re posting from a mobile device by tricking it into believing you’re running our Chrome browser. The steps are as follows to How to Use Instagram on a PC:
- You need to sign in to Instagram.com.
- Choose Inspect from the context menu when you right-click a blank area in the browser window.
- Toggle the device toolbar by clicking the icon. This device resembles a smartphone and tablet.
- A drop-down menu appears at the top of the Inspector view on the left. Choose a mobile device from the list of devices in the Responsive drop-down menu.
- To fit the window to the zoom level, select Fit to Window from the Zoom Dropdown Menu.
- With the addition of the plus sign for uploading videos and photos, Instagram now looks like its mobile counterpart.
- The browser will open so you can choose what to post.
How to Post on Instagram from a Mac?
A Mac workaround tricked the Safari web browser into thinking you were viewing it on an iOS device just like the PC workaround. The steps are as follows to How to Use Instagram on a PC:
- Choose Preferences from the Safari menu.
- Then select Advanced.
- The menu bar will show the Develop menu when this option is selected.
- Log into your Instagram account by visiting Instagram.com.
- Choose Develop > User Agent > Safari.
- Instagram’s mobile version is automatically updated and displayed when the website is refreshed. You can use the normal upload process.
There are many limitations to this free and easy way of How to Use Instagram on a PC uploading to Instagram from the PC or Mac. Its interface is basically identical to that of Instagram on mobile, but it lacks all its editing tools as well as the ability to upload multiple images and videos. If you are finished processing your photos, this is an easy quick fix for your desktop or USB and you don’t have time to transfer them to your smartphone!
How to upload photos to Instagram from a computer using a third-party tool?
You can also use a third-party tool to post to Instagram from your PC or Mac. It is a program you can download for your computer or use online, which posts to your account automatically. Based on our review of the online resources, we have summarized the following:
A Mac or PC can run Bluestacks, an Android emulator that enables you to run a scaled-back version of Instagram. A Google account is all you need. Similar to the other methods, this one allows you to run the mobile app on a desktop without any additional features like bulk uploads or multiple accounts management. The process is as follows to How to Use Instagram on a PC: :
- The first thing you need to do is download Bluestacks on your computer.
- The next step is to upload your content to the platform’s Media Manager.
- Just click the Install button after searching for Instagram using the search box in the top right corner of the App Center.
Deskgram allows you to post images to Instagram from a PC or Mac, as well as browse, comment, and like posts just like the mobile app.
While Windows does not currently support video uploading, other capabilities include filters, trimming videos, tagging members in posts, and hashtag searching.
You can download Uplet exclusively for Mac if you want to upload to Instagram. Uploading photos and videos to your Instagram profile with a caption is easy from your computer. It’s as simple as downloading it and logging in with your Instagram credentials. With the recent update, you may now post to multiple accounts on Instagram that you manage how to use Instagram on a PC simultaneously.