Facebook does provide the option to share videos across platforms, but it doesn’t allow you to save them for offline viewing. To do this, you must seek help from third-party applications and software. These apps/software allow you to save Facebook videos (whether Android/iOS/Windows/macOS) on your device and stream them even without a valid internet connection.
There are many ways to download Facebook videos on mobile devices and desktops, but not all options are as simple as clicking the download button.
Here are some of the options we finally tried, and now it is recommended that you can download videos from Facebook on Android, iPhone, and desktop with a few clicks/clicks as possible.
How to save Facebook videos online on Android phones?
The easiest way to save Facebook videos on Android phones is through the website fbdown.net. The website is compatible with browsers that support downloading and can be used to download Facebook videos on iPhone, Windows, and macOS, not just on Android devices.
Although almost all browsers on Android support downloading, only Safari and Firefox are available on the iPhone.
- First, select the Facebook video you want to download.
- Copy the video link if you are using the Facebook app, click the share button. Web browser users can click on any Facebook video comment and copy the URL from the following screen.
- Now, open the fbdown.net website on a supported phone browser.
- Paste the link to the location where you are required to enter, and then click “Download”.
- The next step is to click and hold on to the quality link (normal or high definition) until a pop-up window with the “download link” option appears. This is the case with Chrome.
- On Firefox, you have to click the link, then click and hold the video to store it locally on the device.
How to save or download Facebook videos on Apple iPhone?
- After copying the Facebook video link, iPhone users can go to Safari and search fbdown.net. Paste the link on the website and click “Force Download SD” to download the video.
- The Facebook video will be downloaded to your device. Now, go to “Download Folder” to view the file, if the video does not exist, please check your browser’s settings to get the save location.
How to save Facebook videos on a desktop or laptop?
fbdown.net can be used to download Facebook videos on Windows/macOS powered laptops. Of course, there are other options, but we are very satisfied with the user interface of fbdown.
Similarly, you will need to use a web browser that supports downloads to save Facebook videos offline. The process of downloading Facebook videos on the desktop using fbdown.net is as follows:
- Copy the Facebook video URL you want to download.
- Go to fbdown.net, then paste the link to the place where input is required, then click the “download” button.
- Choose video quality between Normal (SD) or HD.
- Right-click the video and click the option to save the video to your computer.
- You can also expand “More options” to force the direct download of the video.
Download FB video online to mobile phone gallery phone via Android application
Android users can also choose to download Facebook videos through a third-party application called FastVid. The application is available in the Google Play store.
- This program has several advantages. First, you can log in with your Facebook ID and download the video at the same time without any paste operation, or go to the URL section to download the Facebook video on your phone.
- The URL option does not require any FB login, and it works the same as fbdown.net-you copy the Facebook video link from the app or browser and paste it into the box, and then prompt a message with video quality options. Choose the video that suits you best and voila, the video will be saved on your device.
- Besides, the app also has its own library and video player that can play downloaded Facebook videos. You can also share, delete and rename videos without leaving the FastVid app.
- The application has free and paid versions. The free version has ads of course.
This way you can save FB videos on Android, iPhone, and Windows/macOS driven devices.