How to Connect Your PC to TV with HDMI Cable?
This tutorial will help you how to connect your PC to TV with using HDMI cable. This tutorial guides you through the processes of connecting your PC to your TV will enable you to display your computer screen on your TV. All you have do connect both devices by HDMI cable.
By connecting your PC to the TV will enable to watch online movie, YouTube, Browse the internet, and many more, you can do on the big screen.
How to Connect HDMI Cable the PC to the TV?
Make sure connect the HDMI cable to the PC
HDMI slot is usually behind the CPU in a desktop computer and on the side of a keyboard on the laptop. You may have to consider the following:
- Some of the computers may use a regular HDMI port and some others may not use regular HDMI port but others will use an HDMI mini or Mini-display port.
- You may know that not all computers have an HDMI port and some older computer may use VGA cable. But you can still make it happen by using these to the HDMI port of a TV using an adapter and a separate audio cable.
- Note that for HDMI Mini and Mini-display cables which you are plugged into your computer, make sure other ends should be a regular-sized of HDMI cable.
- If you are using a laptop that does not have HDMI or other video-out port. There is an option to make your laptop to TV by purchase a USB-to-HDMI adapter but you may have to install the additional software program for that external adapter.
Connect the other end of the HDMI cable to the TV
Find you HDMI port on your TV which you want to make a big display screen and connect the other end of the cable to it. It’s very easy to find the ports because those ports are usually numbered and labeled with ‘HDMI’. You may have to consider the following:
- You have to make a note of which HDMI port is connecting to.
- Make sure buy right HDMI cable that should have with right length to connect from your computer to TV.
Select the HDMI Source on the TV by using TV Remote
Find the option called “Source” or “Input” or say something similar from the button of your TV or remote control. This button will enable to select the HDMI port which is already been connected to your PC. You have to consider the following:
- Sometimes the TV will not automatically display what’s on your computer after connecting PC and TV together. If it is a black screen, make sure check your HDMI cable to detect your TV in windows 10.
- Use the right numbers of a label which you have to noted before on the HDMI ports to help you find which HDMI source is connected to PC.
You May Also Like to See:
How to Detect your TV on Windows?
- Click on the Start or Home Menu on your computer. You can find a bottom left-hand corner of your screen with the windows logo.
- Click on Settings option, the icon with resembles a gear.
- Click on System option, it is the very first option on the settings menu with a computer icon.
- Make sure click on Display option, which also very first option sidebar menu to the left under display settings.
- Scroll down – find Detect option and click that and adjust the resolution as needed which looks good on your TV. If your 4K TV, select up to 3840 x 2160 and if own just HDTV, select 1920 x 1080 resolution from the drop-down menu under the displays settings.
- You are done.