The Windows event log can provide a complete record of your activity. By accessing the event log file, anyone can know about your personal information. Therefore, if you want to protect your privacy, you should definitely delete the event log regularly.
If you are using a personal computer or your system is connected to the network, it does not matter if you need to make a habit to clear the Windows event log. There are many ways to do this. This guide will teach you how to delete event log files using Windows native interface and third-party tools.
Let’s cancel the Windows event log without any problem as starting it.
Method 1: How to delete event log
As you already know, the event log can contain an in-depth record of your activity in Windows. Therefore, after achieving the log file, you can know about the activity of a person. Do not worry! You can clear the Windows event log right from the operating system’s main interface.
You can go to the command prompt in Windows to delete the event log, but it is a rather complicated process. We provide an easy and absolutely safe way to delete event logs through the Windows main interface. It can be done by following these steps:
- Firstly, you need to access the Event Viewer window. To do this, open the run prompt and provide the “msc” command to run.
- In addition, you can also press the Windows and X keys on your keyboard at the same time to get a quick access menu. Make sure to select the “Event Viewer” option to open the window.
- Start this event viewer interface. From here you can access all event logs and edit them according to your needs.
- In the left panel, most of the logs are accessible in the “Windows Logs” section. To clear the log type, right-click on it and select the option of “Clear log“.
- if you want to clear the application log, select “Application” and right-click. Click the “Clear log” of all the options provided.
- You can also optionally log in also clear Windows events. To do this, select the event log type in the left panel. After that, you can access the log you wish to delete in the right panel and select the “Clear log” option from the task list.
- We did the same thing to clear the system log. If you select “System” in the left panel, the selection is made right. After all, the “clear log” task is selected to clear the event log.
- As soon as you will make your choice, you will see the popup message. This can cancel your log or cancel your save.
- Make your selection and wait for a while as Windows deletes the event log from it.
In addition to the exact interface and technology may vary from one version of Windows to another. Nevertheless, after following these instructions, you will be able to clear the Windows event log without any big problem.
Even though these files can be restored later after performing the recovery operation. If you want to permanently delete event log files without any recovery range, we recommend using a third-party data eraser tool.
Method 2: How to completely clear Windows event log
By doing the above drill you will be able to cancel the Windows event log without much trouble. Since this file will not be deleted permanently, you need a reliable data eraser tool. Stellar BitRaser for files will be the ideal application that can help you to remove data in seconds permanently.
It has an easy-to-use interface and provides a secure solution for deleting different kinds of data. In the system trace and event log, the application can get rid of almost all of your system forever from internet activity. Here are some of the other features:
- Stellar BitRaser for files can be used to remove various types of system traces, including event logs.
- It performs the deletion of data permanently without giving any recovery coverage.
- BitRaser can be used to delete internet activities, data files, application data and other kinds of content as well.
- It can also perform automatic deletion of data using the scheduler.
- BitRaser for files also provides a deleted certificate after successfully completing the process.
- It offers different kinds of algorithms to choose from in its settings.
- You can free up unused space on your file with BitRaser.
- It is compatible with all major versions of Windows.
How to use Stellar BitRaser?
- Download and run the file Stellar BitRaser on your Windows computer.
- Simply click on all its main features in the right panel to access “System Trace”.
- Scroll down a bit to find the option of “Windows Event Log”.
- Select and click the “Delete Now” button to clear the Windows event log, in a short time the event log file will be deleted from your system.
- BitRaser for files, you can delete the event log on Windows without any problem. This will help you clear the Windows event log permanently with one click. You can simply carry additional passes as well as get additional warranties.
Do not wait any longer and use BitRaser to protect your privacy. Clear Windows event log and all system trails in an interactive interface. It is an amazing tool that will definitely come handy to you on many occasions to protect your privacy and important data files.