PC Virus are harming, self-duplicating programs which can spread starting with one PC then onto the next PC by means of the web, a system, or a separable PC gadgets, for example, a CD or USB drive or External Disk Drive. In the course of the most recent decade, the development of web utilization in workplaces and homes has spread the PC infections and expanded the interest for infection for infection identification and expulsion programming.How to Avoid Virus Attacks in Your Computer
The history of computer viruses shows that the building blocks of computer viruses were laid in1949, when scientist John Neumann came up with the theory about self-replicating programs. In 1983, Fred Cohen of the university of Southern California came up with the “computer virus” to describe a program that is created to “influence other PC programs by altering them so as to incorporate a duplicate of itself”.
In 1986, the first computer virus, code name “The Brain” was developed by two Pakistani brothers Amjad and Basti.
In 1988 came the primary devastating assault against ARPANET PCs. Robert Morries, 23, made a little infection that tainted right around 6,000 PCs on the networks and overwhelmed them with duplicates copies of itself.
In 1998, more than 500 military and government computer systems were hacked. Although it was first believed that the masterminds were based in Iraq, investigators soon found out that two Californian teenagers were behind the incident. This demonstrated what a coordinated attack could do, especially combined with a physical attack.
In 1999 came the “Melissa” virus. It managed to infect thousands of computers at an alarming speed, causing over $800 million in damages. Antivirus software hit record sales. Melissa works by sending infected Word documents to the first 50 people in your Outlook List.
Why People create virus to Damage Your Computer??
There are hundreds and thousands of viruses out there and they are often designed for different objectives. Most of them fall under the following categories:
- To Prevent Software Piracy
- To take control of a PC and use it for explicit undertakings
- To generate Money
- To steal sensitive information
- To prove a point or to provide it can be done, to prove one’s skill or for the revenge purpose
- To cripple a computer or network
How infection Occurs in Your Computer??
So as to taint a PC, an infection must have the opportunity to execute its code. Viruses usually ensure that is happens by having like a parasite. Example by modifying another program so that the virus code is executed when the real program is run or opened.
Great vehicles for viruses incorporate the parts of the disk which contain code executed at whatever point that disk is booted and archives which contain macros executed at whatever point that records are opened with the signed application. As long as the virus is active on the computer, it can copy itself to other files or disks that accessed.
How Virus Spread In Your Computer??
Infections spread from machine to machine, and from organizations to organization, in a numbers of ways. So virus can be transmitted by following:
- Booting a Computer from an infected medium
- Executing an infected program
- Opening an infected File
- Disk, Pen Drive, CD or external hard drive or other media that users can exchange
- Mail attachments
- Printed Software
Symptoms of Virus
- Antivirus programming shows that there is an infection contamination on the PC
- The PC restarts arbitrarily and startlingly
- The computer may not boot properly
- Windows task manger may not open
- Windows does not start up, and a massage is shown stating “………..system files are missing”
- Low memory errors pop up even if there is no true memory problem
- Your computer seems to work very slow
- The PC’s beginning or stacking time to get into Windows takes unnecessarily long
- People receive e-mails from your that you don’t recall sending
- At the point when new projects are introduced, they either don’t work or have constant issues
- You may suddenly receive more span to your email inbox
- Programs that are installed may get deleted
- Documents and files may disappear
- Sounds may randomly, from the computer speakers
- Windows password may be changed without the users making the changes
- Software, files,pictures,music,video etc starts to open/run without the user commanding those actions
- A computer may not boot up after power on
How to Avoid Virus Attacks in Your Computer??
It is possible to set up your computer system so it will detect, quarantine and clean or delete an infected file from your computer. Following are some points to be followed to avoid virus attacks:
- Install Anti Virus Software
- Keep Your Anti Virus Program Current
- Update Your Virus Definitions Often
- Scan Your System Weekly
- Install Firewall
- Do not use Pirated Software
- Do not open suspicious e-mail and attachments
- Scan portable disk like pen drive before using them
- Before downloading files from websites ensure that the files are virus free
- Install password in your computer to avoid unauthorized users from using your computer
Different types of computer viruses:
- Boot Sector Viruss
- File Infector Virus (Program / System Infectors)
- Multipartite Virus
- Macro Virus
- Scrip Virus
- Ploymorphic Virus