Instagram is a social network, and one of the tools you can use to make the experience more collaborative is tagging.
You usually get notified when you tag someone on Instagram (exception being private accounts that tag people who don’t follow them).
The following information will help you tag someone on Instagram.
How to tag someone on Instagram?
Instagram‘s mobile app for iPhones and Androids allows you to tag (or mention) people in four different ways.
How to tag someone in a new Instagram post
The video or photo that you tag will appear on their profile in their “Photos and videos of you” section.
- Launch the Instagram app.
- Tap “plus” to start a new post, then edit the photo before tapping “Next.”
- When you have finished editing your photo, tap “Next” again.
- Then click “Tag People” before publishing your post.
- Tap the photo in the area where the tag should appear, then enter the name or username of the person and tap to select them.
- Click the “Done” button on your iPhone or tap the checkbox on your Android.
- You can now publish your post by selecting “Share”.
How to tag someone in an existing Instagram post?
- Launch your Instagram app.
- Click on your profile and add a tag to the post you want to tag someone in.
- Select “Edit” from the three dots above the photo or video.
- Click “Tag People”, then enter the username or name and tap to select the appropriate user.
How to tag someone in a comment on Instagram?
The comment section does not have a tagging feature. The same result can be achieved if you mention their username. What you need to do is as follows.
- You can comment on a post by tapping the speech bubble icon.
- Type out the message (if needed) then enter the person’s Instagram username after “@”.
- You can tag someone in a comment by tapping the appropriate username.
How to tag someone in an Instagram story?
- If you want to view your feed, tap the camera icon on the left side of your screen (or swipe it right).
- Tap the thumbnail of your last photo, then tap “Aa” in the top right corner, then take a photo or video to create your story (or choose one by tapping the thumbnail).
- You can enter the username by typing “@” and select the person to tag by tapping their name when it appears.
You can link someone’s profile on Instagram when you tag them in your Instagram story.
You may only tag a maximum of 10 people per video or photo story – both of them will receive a push notification and a direct message letting them see a preview of your story.
You will be able to see the username of the person you mention in your story with an underline. Tap your story to go directly to your profile for anyone who has access to it.
How do people know when I mention them in my story?
A push notification will be sent alerting them that you mentioned them in your story. A preview of your story will also be included in a direct message you send them. After 24 hours, this preview will disappear from the message thread..
How many people can I mention in my story?
Every time you share a photo or video to your story you can mention up to 10 people. Whenever you mention more than one person, they will each get an individual message from you.
How to fix the Instagram tagging problem?
Instagram sometimes has its ups and downs, and what we think will happen won’t, such as when you want to tag someone, but don’t worry about it!
The following steps will help you tag someone on Instagram:
1. Check the spelling.
Those who want to tag someone on Instagram are tagging them by entering their name instead of their user name! Please ensure that you have entered a valid and complete username.
2. Give it a time
The caption, location, and tags of your posts can be edited at any time. You shouldn’t give up on posting an Instagram post if you can’t tag someone! If you want to tag anyone on Instagram, you should share the photo, restart your phone, wait some time, then come back to Instagram.
Click on the three dots in the top right corner of the photo, then click on the edit icon. Then you can edit tags by clicking on the person icon.
3. Report the problem
If any of the above methods don’t work, you can report the Instagram tagging problem. It might be an issue with the app and not with the spell.
In the long run, reporting the tagging issue would work, and Instagram would be alerted that there is a problem!
4. The user might have a private account
You might not be able to tag the person if their profile is private and their privacy settings do not allow you to tag them.
5. Follow the user
If you are not following the person you want to tag, this could also be the cause. Following the user will allow you to tag them.
6. The problem might be worldwide
Users sometimes encounter bugs on Instagram, and they might come across white blank pages on Instagram. It is best to wait until Instagram resolves the issue, which could take several days.