How to make a zip file is a very simple question but sometimes you may get stock for just making a Zip file to send a bunch of files or documents to somebody through email. Zip file helps you to save and spare you time with some space on your computer as well by combining the majority of your very old pictures. You may have to need to keep prying eyes from imperative archives on your computer. Zip folder will enable you to spare and save space, compose your excess documents and encode sensitive materials as well. So, How to Zip a file in your computer to send someone is pretty simple, You just have to follow these manuals to make Zip documents on the both operating systems Windows and Mac OS.
How to Zip a File Using Windows Operating System
- First, Make sure create a folder because the quickest way to create Zip file is to locate all of the files that you want to archive into one folder. To do how to zip a file, You can put different documents and folders into the folder that you are making the ZIP record from. Rename the folder to anything you desire the ZIP document to be named.
- Now, Right click on the folder which you want to make Zip. Drift your cursor over the “Send to” choice option. This will open another sub-menu. Select the compressed folder. You can likewise choose numerous documents in your record pioneer, right-click on one of them, and afterward follow the above advances steps. The subsequent ZIP record will contain the majority of the chose documents and will be named after the record that you right-clicked on.
- After doing all this wait for the folder to be created. When you adding a lot of files to making a Zip File, this process may take a few moments to create it. A progress bar will appear as files are added and once the process is complete than the Zip File will appear in the same location where you created an original folder before.
How to make a Zip File on Apple Mac Operating System
- Make a folder. the quickest way to create Zip file is to locate all of the files that you want to archive into one folder. To do how to zip a file, You can put different documents and folders into the folder that you are making the ZIP record from. Go ahead and rename the folder to anything you desire the ZIP file or folder to be named.
- To Make Zip Folder on Mac OS – Right-click on the folder and drag your mouse over the “Compress” option and click it. When you clicked that option the folder will be compressed into a ZIP file.
- The new ZIP document or file will be situated in an indistinguishable area from the folder that you compressed before.
- You can have more authority to choose numerous files in your file folder, only thing is you have to do just right click on one of them, and afterward, follow the above process or steps to make a Zip file on Mac OS.
- The subsequent ZIP file will contain the majority of the chose files and it will be named by “Archive.zip” in your computer.
Zip Folder – How to Create Password Protected Zip Folder or File
To create a password protected Zip Folder or File is required to download a compression program or software. There are many of recent versions of compression programs are available. Among them some the programs versions can not create password protected Zip files on Windows operating system.
So to create password protected Zip files or folder you most have to download and install a additional software. The compression software are available for both operating systems for free and purchase plans.The free plan software is worked just perfect for your requirement to create password protected Zip Files and Folder and definitely, the purchase plan is rally fancy and more options to secure your Zip files. There are most popular Zip programs are available:
To create a password protected Zip file or folder by using compression software is a very easy task. Make sure follow these below steps:
- Create a new Archive Folder.
- And use your compression software to create a new Zip File.
- Include your all documents or files that you want to compress or Zip.
- When you done with your making a Zip file, you will be given the option to enter you password or secret key.
- You will have to enter your key or password to secure your Zip file or folder. You should remember that key to get access the Zip file in future.